We are happy to announce a very special Kaltura & Cent2Cent integration available to all Kaltura CE or On Prem users. The new integration provide publishers all the latest and greatest of the Cent2Cent content commerce rules and transaction management options right from within their Kaltura Management Console!
Watch this short screen-case as we take you through the highlights –
Thanks to Kaltura flexible API and Kaltura Exchange we could create a seamless integration with the Kaltura Platform and make it available to all Kaltura existing and upcoming customers in no time.
What is Cent2Cent?
Cent2Cent offers the most comprehensives content e-commerce platform worldwide, intended for the media industry (serving companies such as OTT, IPTV, web TV, Internet TV, broadcasters, newspapers and magazines publishers, etc.) with flexible, full range capabilities, designed especially for content selling, while ensuring maximum revenues and an easy operation.
With the new Cent2Cent plugin you can begin generating revenue from your media content in just a few simple steps, all in less than 10 minutes!
The new Cent2Cent-Kaltura integration
- Add the Commerce tab to the KMC.
- Choose between currencies.
- Select Player(s) – The Cent2Cent system will automatically install a special player plugin on the player(s) that will feature paid videos.
- Select Video(s) – You can select each one of your videos and up to the entire videos of your kaltura account.
- Decide on Preview time – You can set a free preview time to stimulate users to pay for the videos.
- Cent2Cent will automatically create the relevant Access Control profiles and assign to the selected videos.
- Select Selling Offers / Commerce rules – Cent2Cent will provide you with a wide range of business models (Traditional and Cutting-Edge) to help you build the right offers for each media type and it’s target audience; Pay Per View, Pay Per Time, Subscriptions (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Any other period, Recurring or not), Packages and advanced models such as Metered model, Metadata driven and more…
- Manage transactions, customers, payments and refunds.
- View analytics and optimize your business results.
For more detailed information about adding the commerce tab to your self hosted Kaltura server, please refer to this installation guide and read this Cent2Cent-Kaltura integration overview or our Kaltura Exchange Partner page to learn more about the various solutions. For technical questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Cent2Cent support.
The techie details
The Cent2Cent integration with Kaltura is based on 3 main integration points: the Kaltura API and its C# Client Library, a KDP3 (Kaltura Player) Plugin and a plugin to the Kaltura HTML5 Player (coming soon).
APIs – The Cent2Cent-Kaltura integration is focused on Media management and Security; We use all the Media services, manage Access Control profiles and use the authentication and user management services. In addition, the Cent2Cent integration also use the uiConf services to add the player plugin automatically to publisher player instances.
Interested in more details? let us know in the comments below.